Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:19:12 -0400
From:      Michael Brady <brady@brady.appliedtheory.com>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@rush.aero.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone noticed the new FreeBSD Netscape looping?

Mike O'Brien wrote:

>         I've noticed that the new FreeBSD-specific Netscape 4.02b<whatever>
> seems to have a tendency to go into a hard loop upon trying to exit.
>
>         However, this looping behavior is worrisome because it doesn't
> happen every time, just 2/3 of the time.  This Is Not Good.

This happens on my workstation too (I'm running 2.2.2, 40MB) when Netscape
exits (never when it opens). It only happens when Java was loaded onto the
browser to view pages with applets. All the windows close, yet the process
remains and absorbs all the cpu in an infinite RUN state. The only way to kill
it is with a kill -9. It sucks.

I'm going to try a ktrace the next time it happens to see whats going on.