Date:      12 Jun 2000 01:30:55 +0200
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@no-spam.citeweb.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        Max Calvo <max.calvo@maxcalvo.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with sound

Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com> writes:

> Max Calvo:
>  |I have been trying to get my sound to work for a few weeks and now I am
>  |turning to the mailing list. This is my mesg output:
>  |And this is my kernel configuration.
>  |device snd0
>  |device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
>  |device sbxvi0   at isa? port? irq? drq 5
>  |device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
>  |device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300 irq?
>
> I don't know the 4.0 sound driver details, but your first line looks fishy.
> I also wonder about the sbxvi0 line.

in 4.0, why don't you use the new pcm audio device driver ? try :

device pcm
device sbc
device joy0 at isa? port IO_GAME

> Here's mine (on 3.4-RELEASE):
>
> controller      snd0
> device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
> device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
> device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
> device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
> device awe0     at isa? port 0x620         <--- You won't want this one.

in 4.0, the syntax is right. there is no more controler, disk and tape
keywords. all are devices or pseudo-devices.

Cyrille.
--
home:mailto:clefevre@no-spam.citeweb.net Supprimer "no-spam." pour me repondre.
work:mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre@no-spam.edf.fr Remove "no-spam." to answer me back.