Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:22:36 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        Thomas Spreng <spreng@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Telnet & SSH session hangs...

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 09:05:52AM +0200, Thomas Spreng wrote:
> Hi,
> i have problem on my gateway box (FBSD 4.1R).
> Everytime when i telnet or ssh from my gateway to an other box, the
> terminal hangs (i cant type anything anymore) after 1-2 minutes.
> Im using isdn, so i thought it m ight have something to do with my isp
> but im not sure.
>
> anyone else encountered that problem?

	Very recently on my 4.1-STABLE box I noticed severe delays
	when connecting over the modem.  This happened with ftp,
	telnet, rlogin, whatever and my bps fell from close to 3K
	to around 170.

	In my case, the problem was an irq conflict.  My network card
	was on irq5, and so was my sound card.  You might want to
	see if a

	% dmesg | grep "irq "

	looks suspicious.

	gary