Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:40:21 -0700
From:      ERIC MICHAEL MONSLER <monsler@eecs.berkeley.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for using multiple monitors

Hi,

I am preparing to flee Windoze on my home machine, and am looking at
FreeBSD.  The question I have is does it contain support for using two
(or more) monitors at once?  I have upgraded my video card and monitor,
and would like to use both sets, particularly under X.  My understanding
is that the DISPLAY variable contains a provision for multiple screens
on a host, but I don't know if this is implemented in FreeBSD and/or
XFree86.  Under linux I found patch support for two monitors, but only
one could be VGA and only one could use X.

Any advice and/or pointers to other information will be appreciated; I
have searched the XFree86 site documentation and emailed my question to
them.

Thank you,
Eric Monsler