Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:31:08 -0500
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        "Webmaster" <webmaster@norteamericano.cl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re:  boot question

> I have Freebsd 4.3 release with mysql database. I need  the mysql startup
> automatically when boot my freebsd.

 Look in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

 There's likely some startup script samples automatically placed in there,
assuming you installed Mysql from ports.

 If not, they give you instructions on how its done at the end of the
regular installation.

 Here's the contents of my mysql-server.sh file:

====start====

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
        start)
                if [ -x /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld ]; then
                        /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql > /dev/null
& && echo -n ' mysqld'
                fi
                ;;
        stop)
                /usr/bin/killall mysqld > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo -n '
mysqld'
                ;;
        *)
                echo ""
                echo "Usage: `basename $0` { start | stop }"
                echo ""
                exit 64
                ;;
esac