Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:30:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David A. Bader" <dbader@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntpdate (was Re: "saver")

Kazu,
  Thanks for the help -- I hadn't seen that list of files before which
need to be copied to /etc.

  One additional question about a difference in 2.2-stable from
2.2.2-R: It used to be the case that "ntpdate" was placed in
/etc/daily to synchronize my local clock with an NTP time server. Now
the only synchronization that takes place is during startup in
/etc/rc.networks.  Why has this been moved out of "daily"?

 Thanks,
david