Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:05:37 -0500
From:      "Geier, Billy" <geier@spartan.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   tun0 flags

Hi, I have my freeBSD box up and running but the manuals for PPP state
that the lun0 should be as follows:

tun0: flags=8050<POINTOPOINT,MULITCAST> mtu 1500

but mine has:

tun0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULITCAST> mtu 1500

what is the difference in the flags=8050 and 8010.

When I run PPP the flags change to 8051. It also states that it can not
open the dev. I am using cuaa1 and the dev is in the /dev directory.
Please help as I am so close to getting a UNIX box that does dial on
demand. I have tried three flavors of Linux and then freeBSD. FreeBSD
was the quickest and easiest to install and some what to configure.

Thank You,

Billy Geier
Computer Engineer
Spartan Mills