Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:10:32 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Openmoko phones and USB on FreeBSD

Hi,

There are some problems using the dfu-util to flash Openmoko phones from
FreeBSD. The problem resides in the USB stack on the phone, which does not
support the libusb-0.1 string requests. I'm planning to work around this in
the kernel to avoid future problems. I have tested patches for this, but they
have not committed yet.

Secondly I plan to add support for RNDIS so that you can access the OpenMoko
phone through USB ethernet. I'm currently awaiting approval from the Linux
people to port their RNDIS driver to the new USB stack under a BSD license.
Really they should have used CDC ethernet, but there are too many Windows
users out there I guess :-)

--HPS