Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 10:36:55 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ports@silvia.hip.berkeley.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1

On Oct 10,  1:03, Satoshi Asami wrote:
} (Sorry for crosspost -- replies to ports only)
}
} Well, so what do you guys think about updating the "port"?  (I know,
} it's a binary-only port and we can't distribute the distfile/package
} anyway....)  I've been using it since yesterday, and it feels really
} "beta", so I won't update the port unless people really want the
} change to go in.

Well, it got a few nice features, but feels beta IMHO, too.

One annoying feature is, that it requires a different Netscape
application defaults file, and if it is made a port at all, then
I'd suggest the wrapper makes sure the APPLRESDIR is modified
in the shell wrapper, to make it use an app.default file from
some other directory ...

But I'm not sure that it is a good idea to have a binary on the
2.1 CDROM, which is known to stop working on December 15th.

Might annoy people who want to use it and don't even want to
know about the "trial" conditions under which this beta is made
available :)

STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160