Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:05:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAP vs netatalk for Appletalk/printing support

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> for CAP under FreeBSD.  If a lot of people use CAP then this might
> be worthwhile, but if most people prefer netatalk then I probably
> shouldn't spend any time on it.

Well the reason I have used netatalk in the past is there is a blurb on
netatalks page about the difference between CAP and netatalk that talks
about netatalk having a better philosophy of how to do things or the
netatalk people doing things a little better, something along those lines
i havent read it in a while. And even though thats a pretty shallow reason
for choosing one over the other I was in a hurry and it worked for me.
And I knew that julian had done the netatalk stuff. So that's why I've
used it. That doesn't really answer your question, but it gives you an
idea of why this person uses it.

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.7 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security