Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:43:47 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-stable@fair-ware.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD-Stable'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem in /etc/make.conf

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 06:28:43AM -0500, Paul A. Howes wrote:
> I run 4.7p2 on my server.  I recently installed a new motherboard, and
> decided to rebuild world and kernel with "P4" as the CPU target in
> make.conf because I wanted to optimize the system as much as possible.
>=20
> I have been using the OpenSSH and OpenSSL from the ports collection for
> some time now, using the "*_OVERWRITE_BASE" directive.  So today, I
> decided to switch on the "NO_OPENSSL =3D true" flag in my /etc/make.conf.
> I had not reinstalled world since I had started using OpenSSL from
> ports/
>=20
> The result is:  I found that buildworld will fail during the "make
> depends" target in /usr/src/crypto/telnet/libtelnet, because
> <openssh/des.h> cannot be included by encrypt.h, found in that
> directory.
>=20
> The only other settings I have in make.conf that could possibly affect
> this are "MAKE_IDEA =3D yes" and "USA_RESIDENT =3D yes".
>=20
> Any thoughts?

Only a probable 'Me too' -- but because I didn't notice the build failure
before I got to install the system, I had to make do with another
build and could not investigate further at that time.
But I think I had the same error.

If you still have the output of 'make buildworld', you should send a PR on
the subject, so that this bug report doesn't get lost.

--Stijn

--=20
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in"
		-- Kim Alm, alt.sysadmin.recovery

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr--