Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 18:21:31 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware crypto (Re: KAME stable 20000704)

> On 8 Jul 2000 02:23:30 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Len Conrad wrote:
> >
> >> Are there any hardware-encryption boards for KAME or OpenSSL?
> >
> >Bill Paul is looking at this for FreeBSD.
>
> http://www.powercrypt.com/ supposedly is updating their drivers for FreeBSD
> 4.x as well.

Note that their drivers export a user-mode device, which might be usable
for TLS/SSL hardware assist, isn't applicable for IPSEC assist.  See the
OpenBSD driver for software that addresses that need.

That being said, the folks that sell the powercrypt board have been very
helpful and supportive to folks using their products on UNIX platforms.
I've been very pleased in my interactions with them.

louie