Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mitch Parks <mitch@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   crash with 5.4-RELEASE-p1

I've now experienced two crashes with 5.4-RELEASE-p1 as outlined below. They
appear to be the similar to:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.stable/27608

This is a Dell 2600 dual-xeon with HT disabled, running off of the Dell(AMR)
Raid. It has a very mild load with Apache, Postgres, and Qmail.

backtrace: http://redirx.com/?3b28
dmesg: http://redirx.com/?3b2r

I had a similar problem after 5.3, but it was stable after disabling ACPI
and I didn't pursue it further.

It was previously 100% stable under 5.2/5.2.1.

Dell Diagnostics as well as Memtest have been run extensively and no
problems were found.

I've never made claims as to my programming skills, but it seems there
should be a fixable problem hiding here.

I'm hunting for the cables to set up a serial console, but what's the next
step? This is new territory for me. What other information can I provide?

Thanks for any assistance.

Mitch Parks