Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:16:47 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sshd in current....no config files in /etc/ssh

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 12:02:38PM +0000, FreeBSD mailing list wrote:
> You know people, it's quite sad that those with knowledge simply refuse
> to answer simple questions without "RTFM" attitudes and indirect (and
> more frequently direct) insults to intelligence and sensibilities.

When you have more experience helping people on a frequent basis,
perhaps you will revise this statement. Try helping folks out every day
on IRC for 2 or 3 years and tell me what you think THEN. Alternative:
answer every question asked on freebsd-questions for same period.

You'll see the point once you accomplish this.

> There is absolutely no reason why you can't submit the help, with
> suggestion toward ones perception of "the Right Way" to do it,
> rather than beat the issue to death with superior posturing.

There is absolutely no reason why people should lift a finger to help
somebody else when said question/inquiry has been documented somewhere
on the web or in the manpages, or someplace else.

It's all about the old quote, "Catch a man a fish and you feed him for a
day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

I believe Mike Smith has an abortion of this aphorism in his sig. ;-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>