Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:51:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com, Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's aggressive keyboard probe/attach

> In addition, the PS/2 mouse driver is smart enough to bitch
> about synchronization, but too stupid to resynchronize (reset)
> when it happens.  Duh.

This is presumably the problem that I see if I over-eagerly grab the
mouse before X has started up properly.  The mouse is frozen, but
restarting X (or just switching to the console and back) fixes it.
Typical log output:

  /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008).
  last message repeated 1169 times

-- Richard