Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 07:54:20 -0000
From:      "Greg Hennessy" <Greg.Hennessy@nviz.net>
To:        <rance@frontiernet.net>, <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: home router with internal services available question

> could someone please explain the "right" way to do this, or point me
> to the right doc,
> I'm willing to learn if I can find the right teacher.

Make the 1st packet filtering rule

	block log all

and from there read the firewall logs in real time with

	tcpdump -s 96 -nleti pflog0

which will tell you what traffic is being dropped by the firewall.

Add the relevant rules, et voila.

By DHCP I assume you're running ISC dhcpd on the firewall itself ? Otherwise
you will need to relay the dhcp requests through the firewall.

Greg