Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 18:59:44 +0900
From:      Kenji Tomita <tommy@mdc.tijp.ti.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pac(8)

Dear developers of FreeBSD,

  I have been using pac(8) since 2.0R, but there has been an
unresolved problem even on 2.0.5R or 950622-SNAP.  That is, pac(8)
reports my user name "tommy", user name starting with the letter 't',
as "ommy"; the first 't' disappears.  I took a look at source code,
and found that the line #209 in /usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr/pac/pac.c

>                 while (any(*cp, " t\t"))

should be changed as

>                 while (any(*cp, " \t")).

This modification will solve the problem.  I think this is just a
typo.
pac(8) does not seem to be used very often, but I would like it will
be fixed.

---
Best regards,
Texas Instruments Japan