Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 08:07:05 -0800
From:      Daniel Duerr <daniel@photoflex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP dial-on-demand question

Hello!

I just started setting up FreeBSD on a ISDN 128k PPP dial-on-demand
connection. I am having a little problem. Whenever I use 'ppp' and dial
up to my provider, it either connects and then hangs up about 30 seconds
later or I use the '!' key to shell out of PPP and try using ftp or
telnet to connect out of my server which tells me 'xx.xx.xx: unknown
host'. (xx.xx.xx being the name of the server I am trying to get out to)

Obviously, there is something going on with my DNS. What should I do to
fix this problem? Any ideas would be appreciated...