Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:59:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au, jim.king@mail.sstar.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha port..

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Hmmmm.  I'd be interested to see the approach you guys have taken.  As
> someone who's long been reviewing just what it would take to rip
> sysinstall screaming out of FreeBSD and replace it with something
> far better, I'm curious to see what your own design goals and
> methodologies are!

Well, a look in src/distrib/util/sysinst should give you an idea. :-)

I wouldn't necessarially say that what's there now exactly demonstrates
where we want to be, though. There are at least a few developers
who want to rototill the whole thing. I've not looked too closely
at it myself yet, either. But it is a definite improvement over
our last install system, at any rate.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates