Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:10:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Charles Reese <reese@chem.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP: tun problem

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Charles Reese wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who responed to my tun ifconfig message.  I must have
> some other problem as I still can't get more then 1 line to work at a time.
> Here is the message I get when I try to connect with a second line.

OK, so you have lots of tun devs in /dev/ and kernel.  Do you have full
sources available?  Can you hack?  The ppp code opens the tun device in
os.c, at around line 265.  One thing to note is that my code in os.c
handles tun0-tun65535, not tun9, tuna, tunb, etc.  It will never find
tun[a-z], but you should have no problems with tun1.

Danny