Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:35:50 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com wavelan/802.11[b]/"AirConnect"

Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> probably said:
> AFAIK, the 'wi' driver understands the 11Mb mode as well.  You'll want to
> check that with Bill Paul, but we used a Gold card with WEP at Linuxworld
> in NYC for connectivity.

Cool. That'd be a damn good reason to go to 4.* with wireless.

The online man pages for 4.0-current still says 6Mb, though. Out of date ?

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/man/man4/man4.i386/wi.4

    The wi driver provides support for WaveLAN/IEEE PCCARD adapters (also
     known as WaveLAN II cards). Note that while Lucent sells both ISA and
     PCMCIA WaveLAN/IEEE devices, the ISA product is actually a PCMCIA card in
     an ISA to PCMCIA bridge adapter. Consequently, the wi driver is required
     for both the ISA and PCMCIA NICs. Both the original 2Mbps WaveLAN/IEEE
     cards and the newer 6Mbps WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo adapters are supported.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu