Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:25:13 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.0.4

On 02/19/2011 11:06, Yuri wrote:
> Solaris-10 guest has the issue with mounting the new guest additions.
> The 4.0.2 additions were installed. When I clicked on "Install Guest
> Additions" old one disappeared from the screen, new one didn't show
> up. The 4.0.2 is still under /cdrom. When I click "Install Guest
> Additions" again error message shows up:
>
> Unable to mount the CD?DVD image /.../.../VBoxGuestAdditions_4.0.4.iso
> on gthe machine SOlaris10_9-10_1. Would you like to force mounting of
> this medium?
>
> Could not unmount the currently mounted media/drive
> (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED)
>
> On MacOS host same Solaris10 installs new additions fine.

I want to add that this happens when old additions that were installed
were mounted. This repeats itself when I press "Force Unmount" button.

When I first ejected the 4.0.2 additions through right-click menu,
"Install Guest Additions" worked. But when I tried to start firefox on
this VM I am getting "Bad exchange descriptor" error reading one of the
shared libs. And VM crashes soon after I try to upgrade additions.

This was my second Solaris10 VM saved from 4.0.2. Will try to install it
from scratch now.
Doesn't look like Solaris10 is a usable guest in vbox-4.0.4 on FreeBSD-8.1.

Yuri