Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:41:44 +1000
From:      andy <andy@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blender libGl.so.14 not found

Hi all

Tring to install Blender on FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE (found that this version
works with the dreaded Ali chipset that kills all other distros with the
contigmalloc1 error on installation in case that can help anyone)
Current problem I have is that when I try to use Blender (installed from
the ports) I get the error
 /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libGL.so.14" not found
after googling found this link http://news.gw.com/freebsd.questions/160822
which says

  I assume you've already made the following
links under /usr/X11R6/lib/

libGL.so.14 -> libGL.so.1
libGLU.so.14 -> libGLU.so.1

OK, willing to give this a try, just don't know what links this refers
to - would this be a symlink ? eg: ln -s /usr/x11R6/lib/libGl.so.14
/libGl.so.1 ? I tried  cding to the dir and typing exactly what I saw
above, no good.
Please reply to me direct as I am not on the list.
Thank you in advance for all replies.

Andy