Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 00:09:58 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Manfred Antar <root@mantar.slip.netcom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VM: Process hangs sleeping on vmpfw

> > Check your dmesg/messages log for the following message:
> >
> > 	vnode_pager: *** WARNING *** stale FS code in system.
> I got that message on console last night and rebooted
> did fsck and have not seen it lately. do i need to do anything ?

It would help to know what filesystems you're running, and whether you
are using any LKMs.  Do you rebuild your LKMs when you update your
kernel?

The message indicates a potentially dangerous incompatability between
one or more filesystems and other parts of the kernel.  If this is due
to oversight on our part, we would very much like to know so that it
can be remedied ASAP.