Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2008 01:57:17 +0200
From:      Jonathan McKeown <jonathan+freebsd-questions@hst.org.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb wifi

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 00:28, Peter Harrison wrote:
> I don't know about the adaptor you've mentioned, but I'm using an Asus
> WL-167g (a ralink chipset) without problem using the native ural driver.
> Check the manpage for other supported devices.

But be wary. I've recently been in correspondence with someone (on a Linux
Users' Group list) who bought an Asus WL-167G on the strength of the ural(4)
manpage, and found it didn't work - apparently later versions use a different
Ralink chipset which as far as we could tell is only supported in the rum(4)
driver in 7.0.

Jonathan