Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:48:30 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        patl@phoenix.volant.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is xtend in the base system?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >       No, someone (perhaps you) posted an argument similar to the one you are
> > putting forward here in a previous post. That does not equal "settled"
> > in my book, as far as I'm concerned it's just another data point.
>
> The law of diminishing returns, however, would strongly suggest that
> it's time to kill this thread.  If you're interested in making moral
> stands, make them elsewhere.  Practically speaking, this issue is NOT
> worth the debate it has generated, whether there's an "entrenched
> status quo" or not.  Let's not forget common sense in our choice of
> "causes", people!

	My cause isn't xtend. That's just today's example. Yesterday's example
was qcam, tomorrow the example will be different. My cause is to break
through some of the lethargy and status quo'ism, and if I keep showing
that the emperor has no clothes long enough, maybe someday a change will
actually be made. I will however accede to your request to desist
regarding xtend since I think you've made my point sufficiently well.

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet