Date:      12 Feb 1997 20:21:54 -0600
From:      Dave Marquardt <marquard@Zilker.NET>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   user mode ppp and multiple phone numbers

My ISP tells me they're having trouble with their phone rotor, and has
given me an additional number to use in case the first gives a
constant busy signal.  I'm using user-mode PPP with automatic
on-demand dialing on FreeBSD 2.1.6, and I've RTFM, and I don't think
there's a way to use multiple phone numbers.  Is there?

I see with kernel mode PPP I can use any program I want to do the chat
stuff, so I could write an `expect' script and make this work, but
last I knew pppd didn't offer on-demand dialing.  Has this changed?

-Dave