Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:08:41 -0400
From:      "John S. Bucy" <bucy@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   more target mode hacking...

So I've hacked scsi_target.c to return all scsi commands to the userland
process as atios .. but I'm having trouble making the userland process
do anything useful, e.g. respond to an INQUIRY.  Questions:

1.  Do you need to TARGIOCSETISTATE before responding to any command
or just commands which resulted in error?

2.  How are read() and write() on the target device involved in bus
transfers?  To respond do the INQUIRY, do I cam_fill_ctio() to set up
the ccb containing the struct scsi_inquiry_data and then
TARGIOCCOMMAND to pass it back to the initiator?  Or do I somehow
write() the scsi_inquiry_data struct on the target device?

thanks
john