Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 13:38:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        humprey@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph (Humprey C. Sy)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can somebody shed some light on this fellow's question? (was: Re: SB16)

> Hi!  I hope you can help me out here...
>
> I've been trying to recompile my kernel, enabling SB16.  However, I always
> end up getting the error
>
>   ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_subintr' referenced from data segment
>
> I've added these lines into my custom kernel file
>
>   controller snd0
>   options "SBC_IRQ=5"
>
>   device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
>   device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
>   device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
>
> I am not sure what I'm forgetting here.  I do hope you can help me...

No, I'm sorry, I don't own ANY sound cards and my familiarity with
configuring them is absolutely zero (I'm wondering how this request found
its way to me)  :-)

My only thought would be to check to see if "snd0" is the right controller
to use.

I am sending a copy of this reply to "hackers@freebsd.org" in the hopes that
somebody else who is more familiar with the sound stuff can say "Aha!" and
tell you what the solution is.

Good luck,

... Joe