Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:27:07 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   any gtk folk on list?

	guys,

	it helps to have g_get_home_dir() rather than g_get_homedir();
	I *finally* triple-checked.  yep, that was why my voice-by-
	computer GUI program wouldn't compile.  ...Anyhow, I hope there
	are some listmembers on -questions who can help me with a final
	un-implemented feature.

	my program will help people with a small laptop or tablet that
	runs Unix  who CAN type but whose speech is impaired.  or
	perhaps they cannot talk at all.

	one of my last features is a window that will display something
	the speech-impaired may have typed several minutes before.  by
	hitting the "display prev" button, a window opens with the title,
	say "talk.17.text"  that was the 17th entry typed and spoken by the
	computer.  it may be several paragraphs.  I already have (at the
	button of this window), the buttons [Play], [Last window],
	[Next window], [Close window].

	I am not skilled enough yet to know how to reach the "Last" or
	"Next" --if these exist.  wondering if any FBSD folk can help me
	with this.  if so, let's take it offline to avoid anybody who may
	not think that -questions is the right mailinglist.

	ithink I have exhausted all good-will among the gtk* lists and
	forums.  right now I'm working on the built-in documentation.
	--this Will include a brief tutorial on vim/gvim.

	TIA, people... .

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.