Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 16:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        tom@haven.uniserve.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Buslogic?

> > > > bt0: Enabling Round robin scheme
> > > > bt0 at 0xe800 irq 11 on eisa slot 14
this is not surprising....
the PCI stuff uses high port adresses..
I had to disable probing for EISA boards above slot 10
because on my PCI/EISA machine, the PCI h/w
was false triggering on teh eisa probe for those slots and
going into strange states..

the kernel just sees a port address > 0x400 and assumes that it's
EISA.. (the code should be updated to take PCI into account)

julian