Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 09:50:40 -0700
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@freebsd.org>
To:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 11120 for review

Jake Burkholder [jake@locore.ca] wrote :

> Apparently, On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 08:30:49AM -0700,
> 	Jonathan Mini said words to the effect of;
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/p4db/chv.cgi?CH=11120
> >
> > Change 11120 by mini@mini_stylus on 2002/05/10 08:30:36
> >
> > 	Give UMA control over thread allocation and caching:
> >
> > 	  [ ... ]
>
> I'm not sure that using the uma callouts for all of this is safe.

What specifically do you think is dangerous?

> > +	mtx_lock_spin(&sched_lock);
> > +
> > +	mtx_unlock_spin(&sched_lock);
>
> ???

*rofl* I can't believe that. Already fixed. Dunce cap for me. ;)

> > +	td = (struct thread *)mem;
> > +	pmap_dispose_thread(td);
> > +	vm_object_deallocate(td->td_kstack_obj);
> > +	cached_threads--;	/* XXXSMP */
> > +	allocated_threads--;	/* XXXSMP */
> > +}
>
> These pmap and vm_object calls might sleep, and are called with the uma
> zone locked.

Hmm, that's not good.

> Almost all of the new code you added looks like its indented 4 spaces,
> which should be tabs  :)

From style(9):

     Indentation is an 8 character tab.  Second level indents are four spaces.

.. I must have misread that. What are second level indents, then?

--
Jonathan Mini <mini@freebsd.org>
http://www.haikugeek.com

"He who is not aware of his ignorance will be only misled by his knowledge."
                                                        -- Richard Whatley