Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:46:05 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About a browser hier-like module

--=-+/uObayr7Zi4sHdC8BVq

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 10:09 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm taking a step ahead in my mozilla/firefox works and I'm thinking=20
> about a browser-hier port to cope with things like browser-plugins/
>=20
> Any comments on this will be welcome.

Actually, gnomehier is moving away from its current model to an
mtree-based model.  I'd like to see browser_plugins (or whatever is
decided as the common FreeBSD-native plugin directory) be added to one
of the system mtree files.

>=20
> Also, to cope with extensions reinstall with browser reinstall, I'm=20
> thinking about source components installed from other ports in browser=20
> pkg-install modular scripts, but I can't see any port doing something=20
> similar

How would you handle deinstallation with extensions and themes if done
from ports though?

Joe