Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2013 22:20:12 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi VideoCore Port?

On Apr 20, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Warner Losh wrote:

>=20
> On Apr 20, 2013, at 6:01 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>=20
>> Has anyone tried wrapping up the RPi VideoCore kernel
>> module and user libraries as ports?
>>=20
>> I've been playing with cross-building them and just
>> realized that it would be easier to have them as ports;
>> that would be easier to build/install natively and open
>> the way for a pre-built package in the future.
>=20
> Yes.
>=20
> Are these ports of the Linux packages? I'm looking to package the Mali =
GPU code from linux and would be happier if I don't have to blaze the =
whole trail..

Oleksandr's already done the hard part of porting them to FreeBSD:

http://kernelnomicon.org/?p=3D185

https://github.com/gonzoua/vchiq-freebsd

https://github.com/gonzoua/userland

I've been building them as part of the Crochet image for
RaspberryPi but I suspect it would make more sense to
have them as straight FreeBSD ports so they can be
built and distributed as packages.

Tim