Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:41:04 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sudo "last login" message and how to turn it off FreeBSD8.0

I have actually seen this on some FreeBSD6.3 systems and thought
it was a querk. It may still be a querk but it has started again
on an 8.0 system. I think I am doing something to cause it, but
I am not sure.

	When one executes a sudo command, I get a "last login"
message which reflects the last time I ran sudo. Example:

[martin@pilot ~]$ sudo whoami
Password:
Last login: Thu Jun 24 13:07:20 from pilot.it.okstate
root

	There is another FreeBSD8.0 system here that has not yet
behaved this way so I did something to the test system to make
it start.

	Any ideas as to what to look at?

Thank you.

Martin McCormick