Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2013 07:07:16 -0800
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question: Why ain't I getting gigabit speed?

There's likely something wrong hardware wise. Either with that nic, the cabl=
e, or the port you are plugging it into.  The NIC is (correctly) not autoneg=
otiating 1000TX full duplex for some reason, and when you try to force it it=
 doesn't work.=20

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel

On Feb 7, 2013, at 3:53 PM, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com> wr=