Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:09:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need testers, Broadcom BCM570x gigE driver

Ack. Ok, I realized that I forgot to upload a couple of files to
http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/Broadcom/4.x yesterday. The brgphy
driver needs an updated version of the miidevs file, and the
ones generated from it. I have placed these on the web site along
with all the other stuff. In addition to the steps I mentioned
yesterday for installing the driver, you'll need to copy the
updated miidevs files to /sys/dev/mii.

Also: if you're going to perform tests, please tell me everything
about how you do them. Tell me what hardware you're using. Tell
me exactly which card you have. Tell me what software you're using
to perform tests. If you observe a problem, don't evaluate it for
me: just tell me what you see and let me work it out. I don't want
to hear people say "it drops packets." Tell me how you observed
the packets being dropped.

I'm going to cook up a -current version of the code presently.
Watch this space.

-Bill