Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:20:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Justin Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/40060: Web page /project/ppc.html could use small update (text supplied)

FreeBSD justin 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #1: Thu Jun 20 07:23:23 EDT 2002     justin@justin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SINGLE45  i386

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ppc.html lists only links to the FreeBSD/ppc mailing list, and the other BSD flavors.  There's only a few people working actively on this project, and so they don't have much chance to answer questions on the list, the most common of which is "Where is FreeBSD for the PowerPC and can I use it?"
>How-To-Repeat:
Look at the web page.  Subscribe to the FreeBSD/ppc mailing list, and wait for a question.
>Fix:
Here's a paragraph that could be added to the web page:

FreeBSD/ppc has not yet reached single user mode, so it is not possible to run it in any meaningful way for anyone other than a developer working specifically on this project.  The targeted release is FreeBSD 5.0, though it is not currently included in the release calendar for 5.0.