Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 1995 19:28:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, wollman@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hmmmm!  `resvport' keyword not documented *anywhere*?

> I'm looking through all of our man pages and I'm damned if I can find
> where `resvport' is documented.  This is a pretty important option if
> you want to talk to Suns, which many people on the net are saying that
> FreeBSD is incapable of doing (no doubt because they were unable to
> find this option documented anywhere!).

If you document it, it should be in the mount_nfs man page.

I know people don't refer to it directly, but in "man mount":

     -o      Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separat-
	     ed string of options.  The following options are available:

[ ... ]

             Any additional options specific to a filesystem type that is not
             one of the internally known types (see the -t option) may be
             passed as a comma separated list; these options are distinguished
             by a leading ``-'' (dash).  Options that take a value are speci-
             fied using the syntax -option=value.  For example, the mount com-
             mand:

Which implies -o options should be in the FS specific man pages.

> Yes, the -P flag to mount_nfs is documented, but hardly anyone uses
> the mount_foo commands directly.

And the mount_nfs man page does not describe how to put FS specific
mount options into the fstab.  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---