Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:24:55 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail, Spam Assassin, and Procmail

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

On  0, Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:
> At 2003-02-03T16:57:16Z, "Justin P. Michel" <jpmichel@jcontinuum.ca> writ=
es:
>=20
> > Spam Assassin is tagging the e-mail properly, however, it's still being
> > sent out to the clients.
>=20
> This is OT to your question, but still: are you certain that you want to
> drop all mail that gets marked by SpamAssassin?  It works very well, but I
> still get a few false positives per month.  If any of my clients were
> outside of my immediate friends/family group (i.e., paying customers), th=
en
> I would explicitly take no action on their incoming email other than to m=
ark
> it, and give the clients instructions on setting up a filter on their ema=
il
> client.  That way, they take the responsibility for deciding to delete
> suspect email - you're only providing an estimation service.
> --=20
> Kirk Strauser

I agree with Kirk, SA works amazingly well for me and I haven't gotten a fa=
lse
positive for a long long time, but that's because I trained the Bayesian
filters well, I also tuned my whitelist so important mails from my banks,
domain registrar, etc won't get marked as spam. but default SA gives quite =
a=20
few false positive.

--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com