Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:18:43 -0800
From:      Stephen Cawood <cawood@unixg.ubc.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   copying from dos

Could someone help me with this frustrating problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.

I have searched the archives and have found no mention of this problem.

OK, when I try to copy files from my dos partition to my Bsd partition,
I get an error message, the machine reboots and I can no longer boot
Bsd.

It doesn't happen with every file but it has happened every time I have
tried to cp a few files over to bsd.

The error message is:

mode-0120025, inum=791, fs=/
panic=ffs_valloc: dup alloc
synching disks...14 14 2 done
Automatic reboot on 15 seconds

And then when I try to boot it says:

Error: c:158870 > 1023 (Bios Limit)

It seems that the partitions are not mouted properly but I have tried it
both manually and through the boot manager.

The files that I am trying to copy over are the new version of XF86Free
which I need to use my particular Mach64.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could offer.
--
Stephen Cawood

P.O. Box 78555
University Postal Outlet