Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:05:21 -0800
From:      Bernhard Beck <bbeck@mindmaker.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Athlon Thunderbird 700 w. Asus K7M Motherboard vs. FreeBSD 4.2

AMD made a few Slot A Thunderbirds. As far as I know they were meant for
the OEM market (so that the system integrator has to make sure it works
with their environment), but some CPU's made it into retail. There were
various incompatibilities with the existing Slot A motherboards. The CPU
may work in one Slot A motherboard, but not in others.
c't (a german computer magazine) published an article about this last
year.

Bernhard