Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:53:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing sendmail sources after the fact, and a quick sendmail question

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Donald Burr wrote:
> Greetings.  I need to reconfigure my sendmail, so I need to find the
> sendmail source files (the m4 files, etc.)  Unfortunatley I dn't have
> the room to install the whole source tree, I'd rather pick through the
> tarfiles and only extract the sendmail directory.  Can someone tell me
> whidch of the "sbin.aa, setc.aa, etc." files that the sendmail cf
> stuff is in?

Instead of doing that, just go to http://www.sendmail.org and pick
up the latest version of sendmail sources.  The makesendmail
script knows about FreeBSD and builds out of the box.

> In a related note, can someone also help me out with configuing
> sendmail once I have the cf stuff installed?  I'd like a "dumb"
> sendmail configuration where it just forwards all mail to another host
> and have it process things.

One of the sample mc's does this.  See clientproto.mc

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com