Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modifying boot mgrs FROM FREEBSD

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, George Michaelson wrote:

> Four things:
>
> 	1) at next boot, which of the menu of boot choices is to be the
> 	   default ie under reboot, do you boot back into THIS unix or into
> 	   W95, DOS, NetBSD, Linux etc
>
> 	2) change the flag marking if the MBR is to be updated to reflect
> 	   the current boot choice as the live preference. This is different
> 	   to the above which states WHICH secondary boot is to be used, this
> 	   marks if any alternate boot is actually taken because of keyboard
> 	   selection, that the selection becomes the active default boot
>
> 	3) change the textual stringprompts against each option
>
> 	4) change which bootable partitions appear in the menu of choices
>
> -George

Speaking of the boot manager, I noticed that when I installed Solaris,
then BSD's manager, it detected the Solaris partitions partially correctly
as type "Linux" (Solaris uses the same id type as Linux Swap), however my
Fat32 partitions and Linux Native partitions show up as "???".  Go figure

- alex