Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:08:17 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        roger@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make install clean for Gnome-2 fails with configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting

--tvOENZuN7d6HfOWU

Hi Mezz..,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>"
To: To Stacey Roberts
Date: Mon, 22 Sep, 2003 06:51 BST
Subject: Re: make install clean for Gnome-2 fails with configure: error: Yo=
u need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:39:58 +0100, Stacey Roberts=20
> <stacey@vickiandstacey.com> wrote:
>=20
> >Hi Mezz,

Sorry.., I neglected to mention the error.., Running this again at the mome=
nt so that I can post the error. Sorry.

> >>2) Go to net/openh323 and do the 'make'
> >
> >Tried that.., didn't work. For what its worth, since my latest try, I've=
=20
> >installed openh323 and pwlib, make install in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2=20
> >still fails with the error about ptlib in gnomemeeting.
>=20
> And what's error again? It doesn't matter if openh323 and pwlib are=20
> installed, gnomemeeting won't build unless you don't touch the 'make=20
> clean'.. The openh323 and pwlib have to be built without 'make clean'=20
> first to get gnomemeeting's build success.
>=20
> >>3) Try it again, do the 'make install' in the net/gnomemeeting
> >>

> >See above.., fails.
> >>I can't promise you if I will solve your problem, but I hope so and I am
> >>trying.. :-)
> >
> >Is it not possible to wipe gnome2 off the system and then do a fresh=20
> >install of the thing? Or am I going to simply hit this same problem=20
> >again? This is what I'm trying to do at the moment, and some guidance on=
=20
> >this point would be handy.
>=20
> I have done install Gnome 2.4 on the clean system and it went well. Also,=
=20
> I even upgrade and it went well.

Ahh.., excellent.., So I can ask at this point:
By "clean system" do you refer to a newly installed 4.8 Rel system, or 4.8 =
Stable.., or a CURRENT?

I ask this, because there's no reference to what base you should have insta=
lled at the FAQ, only a reference to ensuring that one has cvsup'd all port=
s to the latest versions..,

I'll post the latest errors when pwlib completes.

Thanks again, Mezz..,

Regards,

Stacey

> Cheers,
> Mezz
>=20
> >If I need to, I'll gladly even reinstall this sucker,, but I'd like to=
=20
> >know the prospects from before hand of successfully being able to build=
=20
> >gnome-2 at the end of the day, that's all.
> >
> >Thanks for taking the time to reply, all the same.
> >>
> >>Cheers,
> >>Mezz

>=20
>=20