Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:17:53 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System freezing, IDE HD suspected

Hello:
	I have a system running 2.2.8 with two IDE (Caviar) HDs.
Suddenly, it freezes, leaving nothing on either syslog (even debug!) or
console.

	I suspect it's HD failure, as I've seen similar behavior when such
a thing happens. The problem is, there are two disks. Is there any way I
can tell the system to be "more verbose" so as I can see a message
telling which was the file or disk it could not read/write? Is there any
other way I can get that info?

	Thanks in advance for your help!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA Net Works Argentina SA
Diagonal Roque Sáenz Peña 971, 4º y 5º piso.
1035 - Capital Federal, Argentina.
(54-11) 4323-3333
http://www.via-net-works.net.ar