Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:31:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop problems

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <14366.3031.779774.91385M@localhost.sky.rim.or.jp> Jun Kuriyama writes:
> : And I suggest to push a hardware reset (tiny) hole at the bottom side
> : of machine.
>
> I've tried this.
>
> : If it cannot solve your problem, unplug a battery and AC power, and
> : waiting for a few hours (days???).
>
> I've removed the A/C power from the machine.  I've removed the
> battery.  I'm in the wait phase right now (mostly since the machine is
> not accessible to me right now).

I don't want to sound grim, but my laptop (Toshiba Portege 7020) died out
of overheating - y'know, those repetitive make worlds et al....

They had to replace the motherboard, as some of the chips were fried (as
they told me). The symptoms were a bit similar - it begun with myterious
hangups, then the machine wouldn't start, but would start after some hours
etc, etc.. and finaly no amount of effort could wake it up. :-(

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----