Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't boot after install

Greetings,

After installing freebsd 2.2.5 on the first partition, not allocating the
entire hdd to freebsd, I can't seem to boot the OS. First, when using the
freebsd boot manager ("booteasy"), I get "F?" and no "F" keys work.
Second, when using the standard MBR (no boot manager), I get "missing
opearing system". Third, the only way I can manage to get the system up
and running is to type "wd(0,a)kernel" with the boot disk.

If there are any suggestions other than up-dating my freebsd version,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Marc