Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:48:40 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l_Sommerhein?= <paalsom@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I check out the 2.2.7-STABLE sources from the repository?

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 12:42:10AM +0100, Pål Sommerhein wrote:

>         RELENG_2_2_7_RELEASE:1.109.2.33
>         RELENG_2_2:1.109.0.2

Your confusion is understandable, but I guess the mysterious inner
workings of CVS are such that 1.109.0.2 can be newer than 1.109.2.33.
Or perhaps somehow CVS takes that to mean that it should get the
highest revision among the 1.109.2.xx revisions.

In any case, RELENG_2_2 is definitely what you want.

> I think I am in need of asking one more question along this route:
> What will be the correct way of checking out the ports for the
> 2.2.7-STABLE branch(and updating)?

The Ports Collection is not branched (that is, you use the same
/usr/ports on either a 2.2 or 3.0 system).  Therefore you should just
check out the head branch, by not specifying a "-r" argument to
cvs.

Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * UNIX is a lever for the intellect. -J.R. Mashey