Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:38:06 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAIP CDROM Troubles

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Neil Bradley wrote:

> I asked this once before a few days ago and didn't get any response. It is
> possible that my mailer configuration is screwed up...
>
> I'm trying to use FreeBSD with a Hitachi CD-ROM player. It is correctly probed
> on wdc0. I try a "mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a(or c) /cdrom" and gte a "Device
> not configured" error message. What am I doing wrong? I have media in the
> drive (FreeBSD disc 1). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you need to use the wcd0c device i.e.

mount_cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

I think you will have to make the devices first as well

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV wcd0

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !